Okay, I need to lighten up. I think I’ve already mentioned that I have an election hangover, but I am spending too much time brooding over the Prop 8 results. And Googling stuff (particularly about the major donors to the “Yes” campaign), but now I want to make a concerted effort to lighten up, just for my own sanity.
- I have mentioned that when the chips are down, I eat mac & cheese. Prop 8 passed – mac & cheese is currently being consumed in my household at a record rate. Interesting correlation that I’m sure the social scientists never could have anticipated.
- Prop 2 passed which is the initiative for the humane treatment for farm animals. Now don’t be saying I’m comparing gays to animals, but did the state of California just give humane treatment to farm animals and take rights away from human citizens? Does anyone see a mac & cheese event here?
- I also eat string cheese when I’m frustrated and tired. I’ve been working nights for the last few weeks, so the string cheese is disappearing fast. And I’m constipated from so much cheese. Frustrated and constipated: not a good combo.
- Okay, just for shits (I wish) and giggles, you gotta go to the LDS “newsroom” (google “lds newsroom”) and see some of the propaganda they have produced about gay marriage and prop 8. First of all, it’s hysterical watching videos of older straight guys in suits who need liposuction and diets talk about “same sex attraction” like they even know what they are talking about. Again, a major mac & cheese moment.
- A small aside here: when one cat barfs, why does another cat want to eat it? I just had to ask. This is a constant source of inquiry in our household. But I digress.
- Have you heard the expression “What would Jesus do?”? If Jesus were around these days, I have some ideas about what he would do. First, he would smoke a doobie and eat mac & cheese. Then he would do some yoga and marry a gay couple. I think he would get naked at the beach and go surfing. He would do these things to attract people to him in order to hear his message. His message of love, understanding, peace, and tolerance. What a concept.
- Oh, and Jesus would probably make sure that chickens, pigs, and cows are all humanely treated. So there. (childish gesture)
- And Jesus would vote Democratic. Actually, I don’t know that for sure, but it sounds good.
- I have a question that I seriously want someone to try to answer for me: what is the deal with the Log Cabin Republicans? This is like having an organization called “Pets for Early Euthanasia”. I just don’t get it.
Okay, that’s it for today’s furballs. Anyone out there?