Okay, I’ve been looking at my recent entries and realized that I’ve been getting way too serious. STOP the madness. Here is something I need to get off my chest: I’m powerless over the Olympics and my life has become unmanageable.
We have satellite TV which guarantees that we can see almost 24 hour Olympic coverage of just about anything imaginable. I am watching anything that is on with very few exceptions. And this is coming from someone who claims “not to like the summer Olympics”. Yeah, right.
Here are a few observations so far:
- The news is full of speculations about Dara Torres and how she can be so “old” and still swimming competitively. I don’t care. Let’s hear it for the “old” folks!
- I also don’t care why divers shower after diving. Not important to me.
- But why don’t beach volleyball players shower during breaks? How else do they get sand out of their clothing? I always shower at the beach. They must have well buffed skin…
- I would like to know why all the horses in cross country jumping have something white on the front of their legs. What’s up with that? And the commentators say nothing.
- Roger Federer is not infallible. That’s a relief.
- Archery can actually be exciting. Who knew?
- Jenny Finch, USA softball pitcher, looks more comfortable on the mound than in the “Apprentice” boardroom.
- Love the fencing. But I’m glad they replay in slow-motion.
- Who knew handball was a team sport? And do men play this? I’m guessing that if they do, they would wear more pads because they are wimpier (oops, feminism showing).
- Can we carbon date the Chinese “women”/girl gymnasts?
- I honestly don’t care if Milli Vanilli or anyone else sang the songs at the opening ceremony. It was all pretty amazing.
That’s it for now. I have to go back to letting my rear end spread in front of my LCD flat screen HD TV. Hope you are enjoying your Olympic marathon too!